Associate Director, Editorial Operations and Strategy
Medical and Market Access Communications
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate. Encompass Communications and Learning, Inc., a renowned and growing company in the life sciences training industry, seeks a highly independent and motivated individual to lead and help develop life sciences industry environment project initiatives.
As the associate director of editorial operations and strategy, you will oversee colleagues and contractors who create educational content and learning programs that support our life sciences customers’ goals and strategic priorities.
In this role, you will ensure high-quality projects are completed in the most streamlined approach possible while striking the right balance for overall quality and optimal customer experiences.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with the Manager of Content Development, project managers, and instructional and graphic designers to ensure communications and learning solutions:
- Are engaging,
- Gain support of client and regulatory and legal reviewers, and
- Meet intended learning and strategic business objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
You must have deep expertise in medical writing and exceptional editing skills. In addition, expertise in life sciences product market access, distribution, and healthcare delivery and payment is a huge plus.
You must be able to:
- Guide a team of writers, editors, and proofreaders to ensure high-quality projects meet objectives and are completed on time
- Help develop and edit content for a range of media, including eLearning voice-over scripts, live and animated video scripts, PDF guidebooks, digital games, podcasts, emerging media, and much more
- Research, build, and write highly engaging and reliable content on tight deadlines for our life sciences customers using credible sources
- Curate and edit copy projects to ensure they appeal to targeted audiences and work within the context of the media and delivery platform used
- Roll up your sleeves when needed and proofread copy, pinpointing errors and formatting issues, etc
- Stay up-to-date on shifts in industry and trends that impact life sciences businesses
- Keep current on innovative communications strategies and delivery platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with external client teams, as well as across Encompass on project development and execution
- Be highly independent and self-motivated
- Be available to work a least 40 hours a week during normal Eastern time business hours (except during vacations and personal time off)
- Travel occasionally (when it’s safe) to cities across the US (likely 1-3 times a year) for client and team meetings
Skills, experience, and knowledge
- At least 10 years in a wide variety of life sciences industries
- At least 5 years in senior editorial roles involving a wide variety of digital and print media solutions
- 5-7 years of managerial and leadership experience
- High level of expertise in medical writing, editing. In addition, expertise in life sciences market access, health insurance, and healthcare policy and reimbursement is a huge plus.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how market disrupters impact patient access
This is a remote position (even post-pandemic) that will begin as a contract role with the opportunity for full-time employment with a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position and believe you are a good fit, please send your resume/CV and letter of interest to Mary Barlow, Encompass Senior Director of Media Production at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encompass is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other characteristic.