This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate. Encompass Communications and Learning, Inc., a renowned and growing company in the life sciences training industry, seeks a highly independent and motivated individual to lead and help develop life sciences industry environment project initiatives.
As our lead proofreader, you will have a key role in ensuring the quality of our communications. Leading a team of proofreaders, you will triage projects as appropriate to the right proofreading expert or proofread documents yourself as appropriate.
You will ensure high-quality projects are completed using the most streamlined approach while striking the right balance for overall quality and optimal customer experiences.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with the editorial directors, project managers, and instructional and graphic designers to ensure communications and learning solutions:
- Grammatically correct
- Properly formatted
Duties and Responsibilities:
You must be an expert grammarian, with high proficiency in English writing, structure, parts of speech, punctuation, syntax, and structure. You must be able to assess materials for proper layout and consistency and recognize the importance of economy in editorial production.
You must be able to:
- Ensure high-quality projects meet objectives and are completed on time
- Proofread and quality check a range of media, including eLearning voice-over scripts, live and animated video scripts, PDF guidebooks, digital games, podcasts, emerging media, and much more
- Follow American Medical Association style as well as the style guides for Encompass and our clients
- Stay up-to-date on shifts in industry and trends that impact editorial quality management, such as on editorial software and related tools
- Be highly independent and self-motivated
- Be available to work 40 hours a week during normal business hours (except during vacations and personal time off)
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge:
- At least 7 years of proofreading experience on a wide variety of digital and print media solutions
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, English, healthcare communications, journalism, or related major
This is a remote position (even post-pandemic) that will begin as a contract role with the opportunity for full-time employment with a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position and believe you are a good fit, please send your resume/CV and letter of interest to our administrative specialist, Candice Poss at email@example.com.
Encompass is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other characteristic.