Senior Medical Writer & Editor
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate. Encompass Communications and Learning, Inc., a renowned and growing company in the life sciences training industry, seeks a highly independent and motivated individual to help develop engaging and informative content.
As a Senior Medical Writer and Editor, you will create content for learning programs that support our customers’ goals and strategic priorities in life sciences.
In this role, you will research and draft reliable, credible, and engaging high-quality materials for optimal customer experiences. Working directly with director of editorial operations and strategies, you will collaborate cross-functionally with instructional designers and others to ensure that communications and learning solutions:
- Are engaging,
- Gain support of client and regulatory and legal reviewers, and
- Meet intended learning and strategic business objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
Please keep in mind that this is an editorial role for content development. You must be able to do all of the following without exception:
- Have deep knowledge in medical writing
- Develop and edit content for a range of media, including eLearning voice over scripts, live and animated video scripts, PDF guidebooks, digital games, podcasts, emerging media, and much more.
- Research, build, and write highly engaging and reliable content on tight deadlines for our life sciences customers using credible sources.
- Draft and edit copy so that it appeals to targeted audiences and so that the content works within the context of the media and delivery platform used.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with instructional designers, graphic designers, developers, project managers, and external client teams on project development and execution.
- Be highly independent and self-motivated.
- Be available to work at least 40 hours a week during normal business hours (except during vacations and personal time off).
Skills, experience, and knowledge
- At least 8 years in senior medical editorial roles featuring a wide variety of digital and print media solutions
- In addition, experience in payer marketing, pharmaceutical market access, health insurance or related fields is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, English, healthcare communications, journalism, or related major
This is a remote position with a competitive salary to commensurate with experience. We ask that you carefully review all of the qualifications and criteria above before applying. The right candidate will begin as a contractor and move into the permanent role if there is mutual interest in our continuing to work together.
If you’re interested in this position and believe that you are a good fit, please send your resume/C.V., a letter of interest, and at least 10 writing samples to our administrative assistant, Candice Lee at email@example.com.
Encompass is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other characteristic.