Senior Writer & Editor
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate. Encompass Communications and Learning, Inc, a renowned and growing company in the life sciences training industry, seeks a highly independent and motivated individual to help develop engaging and informative content.
As a senior writer and editor, you will create communications for learning programs that support our customers’ goals and strategic priorities in life sciences and market access.
In this role, you will research and draft reliable, credible, and engaging high-quality materials for optimal customer experiences. Working directly with the manager of content development, you will collaborate cross-functionally with instructional designers and others to ensure that communications and learning solutions:
- Are engaging;
- Gain support of client and regulatory and legal reviewers; and
- Most important, meet intended learning and strategic business objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
You must be able to:
- Have deep knowledge in medical writing and in pharmaceutical product market access
- Help develop and edit content for a range of media, including eLearning voice over scripts, live and animated video scripts, PDF guidebooks, digital games, podcasts, emerging media, and much more
- Research, build, and write highly engaging and reliable content on tight deadlines for our life sciences customers using credible sources
- Draft and edit copy projects that appeal to targeted audiences and work within the context of the media and delivery platform used
- Proofread copy, when needed, pinpointing errors and formatting issues, etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with instructional designers, graphic designers, developers, project managers, and external client teams on project development and execution
- Be highly independent and self-motivated
- Be available to work a least 40 hours a week during normal business hours (except during vacations and personal time off)
Skills, experience, and knowledge
- At least 5 years in a wide variety of life sciences industries
- At least 5 years in senior editorial roles featuring a wide variety of digital and print media solutions
- Direct experience in medical writing and in payer marketing or health insurance
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, English, healthcare communications, journalism, or related major
This is a remote position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We ask that you carefully review all of the qualifications and criteria above before applying.
If you’re interested in this position and believe that you are a good fit, please send your resume/C.V. and letter of interest to our Senior Director of Media Production at firstname.lastname@example.org.