This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate. Encompass Communications and Learning, Inc, a renowned and growing company in the life sciences training industry, seeks a highly independent and motivated individual to lead our content development initiatives.
As the Manager of Content Development, you will have oversight of colleagues and contractors who create communications for learning programs that support our customers’ goals and strategic priorities.
In this role, you will ensure high-quality projects are completed in the most streamlined approach possible while striking the right balance for overall quality and optimal customer experiences.
You will collaborate cross-functionally with instructional designers to ensure that communications and learning solutions:
- Are engaging;
- Gain support of client and regulatory and legal reviewers; and
- Most important, meet intended learning and strategic business objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
You must be able to:
- Have deep knowledge in medical writing and in pharmaceutical product market access
- Guide a team of medical, market access, and general writers, editors, and proofreaders to ensure high-quality projects are completed on time and meet objectives
- Help develop and edit content for a range of media, including eLearning voice over scripts, live and animated video scripts, PDF guidebooks, digital games, podcasts, emerging media, and much more
- Research, build, and write highly engaging and reliable content on tight deadlines for our life sciences customers using credible sources
- Curate and edit copy projects to ensure they appeal to targeted audiences and work within the context of the media and delivery platform used encompasscnl.com
- Proofread copy, when needed, pinpointing errors and formatting issues, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on shifts in the life sciences industry and trends that impact life sciences businesses
- Keep updated on innovative communications strategies and delivery platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with instructional designers, graphic designers, developers, project managers, and external client teams on project development and execution
- Be highly independent and self-motivated
- Be available to work a least 40 hours a week during normal business hours (except during vacations and personal time off)
- Travel occasionally to cities across the US (likely no more than 1-3 times a year) for client and team meetings
- Be a nice person to work with
Skills, experience, and knowledge
At least 5 years in a wide variety of life sciences industries
- At least 5 years in senior editorial roles featuring a wide variety of digital and print media solutions
- 5-7 years of managerial and leadership experience
- Direct experience in medical writing and in payer marketing or health insurance
- Instructional design experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, English, healthcare communications, journalism, or related major
This is a remote position with a competitive salary to commensurate with experience.
If you’re interested in this position and believe that you are a good fit, please send your resume/C.V. and letter of interest to our Senior Director of Media Production at email@example.com.